Perform emergency medical services for the community. Respond to emergency calls of injured or sick patients. Provide Inter-facility transfers to and from hospitals, nursing homes or other requested locations while providing medical care as needed. Assist in the maintenance of equipment and facilities and perform minor administrative functions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
This information is intended to be descriptive of the principle duties and responsibilities of the position. The following examples do not identify all duties performed by any single incumbent.
1. Perform emergency medical services by responding to emergency calls, performing basic and advanced life support, providing interfacility transfers to facilities locally and regionally, and performs other duties as necessary to save lives.
2. Perform administrative duties by assisting with medication and supply inventory, and other required administrative functions.
3. Conduct public tours of facilities, provide public education regarding EMS and safety, maintain continuing education and physical training.
4. Perform light building and vehicle maintenance duties.
5. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
? Knowledge of City maps and locations of streets, fire hydrants and response routes.
? Skill and ability to function as a lead worker performing essentially the same work as those directed, and includes training and instructing.
? Ability to react quickly and calmly in emergencies.
? Ability to gain physical strength and agility sufficient to perform prolonged and arduous work under adverse conditions.
? Ability to work an irregular schedule, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
? Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
Education, Certification and Experiences
? Possession of a High School diploma or equivalent.
? Possession of a valid Texas Class C driver?s license.
? Possession of a valid and current Texas DSHS certification as EMT-Basic, EMT-Intermediate, or Paramedic.
? Possession of a valid BLS HCP, ACLS, PALS, and Neonatal Resuscitation Provider preferred.