The Black Forest Fire/Rescue Protection District is currently seeking a qualified individuals to fill (3) full-time Firefighter positions.
The districts full-time staff augments the volunteer staff, to help ensure that there is an appropriate level of coverage for the district on a daily basis.
Full-time employees may be assigned to any of the districts stations or apparatus. Current shift assignment is a 48/96.
- Valid Colorado Drivers License
- State of Colorado EMT or Paramedic Certification
- CO State Firefighter 1 Certification
- CO State Hazardous Materials Operations Certification
- NWCG S130/190 with arduous fitness rating
- Emergency Vehicle Driver Training Certification
- NIMS-700, 800 & ICS-100, 200
- Must meet department physical fitness requirements
- Application/resume review (Due by 4/26/18 at close of business)
- Physical fitness test
- Written test may be required
- Oral Board Interview
- Officers Interview
The District has the right not to hire any of the applicants for the position in its sole discretion. Interested individuals are encouraged to submit a Completed Employment Application, Cover Letter, Resume and copies of certifications to: Black Forest Fire/Rescue Headquarters at 11445 Teachout Road, Colorado Springs, Colorado 80908.
Applications may be obtained from the Districts website: www.bffire.org