The District is seeking highly energetic and motivated candidates for the lateral position of Firefighter- Paramedic. Under supervision, the Firefighter-Paramedic is expected to function as a member of a company; assigned to prevent, control, and extinguish fires; perform basic and advanced life support medical care; perform rescue operations and maintenance duties. Incumbents are expected to exercise initiative and some independent decision-making in assigned work details and carry out all instructions, directives and lawful orders, and participate in District training activities.
? 48/96 Shift schedule
? Education incentive pay
? Uniform allowance
? Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
? PERS 2.7% @57 PEPRA PERS 3% @55 CLASSIC
? Excellent medical/dental benefits ? Paid vacation and sick leave
Applicants shall submit a resume and an application. Application packets will be reviewed, in part, according to the criteria contained in this brochure. The application deadline is 2:00PM, July 13, 2018. The selection process may include: application screening, oral and written examination, background investigation, medical and physical evaluations.
- Examination Process week of July 16, 2018
o Applicants that most meet the District?s needs will be invited to participate in the oral interview panel
- Fire Chief?s Interview week of July 23, 2018
o Top scoring candidates from the examination will be invited to a Fire Chief?s interview
- Start date August 2018: TBD
o Selected candidate(s) will advance to a background investigation
o Successful candidate(s) will be offered a position subject to a physical exam, drug screen and psychological evaluation
▪ 18 years of age
▪ High School Diploma (or equivalent)
▪ Must possess a valid CA driver license
▪ Must possess a valid CA EMT-Paramedic card
▪ Must possess a valid CPAT card
▪ Minimum 2 years full-time employment as a paid Firefighter. Seasonal experience will be considered.
▪ Minimum 1 year experience as a Paramedic
▪ Completion of a recognized Firefighter I Academy or CA Firefighter I certificate
▪ College Fire Science coursework
▪ Driver/Operator 1A and 1B or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
▪ Ability to obtain and maintain Marin County Paramedic accreditation
▪ Ability to learn firefighting tactics and EMS techniques
▪ Ability to learn the operation and maintenance of equipment
▪ Ability to act calmly and effectively in emergency situations
▪ Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
▪ Ability to communicate effectively
▪ Ability to maintain harmonious relationships with others in a group-living environment
▪ Ability to do strenuous physical activity for extended periods of time
How to Apply
Applications are available on Tiburon Fire Protection District?s website: www.tiburonfire.org
Application packets will be accepted by mail or in person at District headquarters, 1679 Tiburon Boulevard, Tiburon, CA 94920. To email application packet: firstname.lastname@example.org
Along with application, please include documentation of the minimum qualifications (page 2 of flyer) and resume. Do NOT include copies of certifications, classes or licenses other than what meets the stated minimum qualifications.
Please do not call the station regarding application questions.
PLEASE SUBMIT ALL INQUIRIES TO: email@example.com
Station visits are by appointment only. Call (415) 435-7200 during normal business hours, Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, to schedule a visit.
Selection procedure and timelines are subject to change.