The City of Bryant will be testing for the position of Entry Level Firefighter.
The physical agility exam for this position is scheduled for Saturday, February 22, 2020 at 8:00 AM. The test will be administered at the Bryant Fire Department Training Facility (Fire Station 2) located at 1601 South Reynolds, Bryant, AR 72022. You must have completed and turned in an application to HR by no later than 5:00 P.M. Wednesday, February, 19 to be eligible to test. Applications are available in person at Bryant City Hall, Human Resources at 210 SW 3rd St. or online at http://ar-bryant2.civicplus.com/Jobs.aspx
This test is mandatory for the opportunity to move forward in the hiring process. If an applicant does not show up for the test or fails the test, their application will be removed from the list. Applicants should arrive for the physical agility test in athletic wear and tennis/sports shoes. If this step of the process is successfully completed the applicant will be required to take the written exam. This exam will be held on February 27, 2020 at Bryant?s Central Fire Station (312 Roya Lane) at 6:00 P.M.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Participates in fire suppression, emergency medical, and rescue activities and provides support maintenance by performing the following duties. Other duties may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responds to emergency medical and rescue alarms; provides emergency medical treatment; participates in search and rescue and extrication procedures; operates equipment; reloads equipment on apparatus.
2. Responds to fire alarms; couples, rolls, folds, reels, and unreels hose; lays and connects hose lines and connects nozzles, valves, and fittings; operates hydrants; directs water/fog streams; carries, places, climbs, raises, and lowers ladders; makes forcible entries; ventilates; participates in search and rescue and evacuation operations; provides emergency medical treatment; participates in salvage and overhaul tasks; participates in investigation to determine cause and origin of fire; reloads hose and/or equipment on apparatus.
3. Inspects and maintains: inspects, cleans, and maintains in proper working condition all assigned equipment; inspects, cleans, and assists in maintaining apparatus; loads hose and/or equipment on apparatus; test hose and couplings; cleans fire station and grounds; displays and handles flags; makes repairs to tools, equipment, and/or station.
4. Maintains records and prepares reports; reports to Captain and /or Lieutenant any repairs, needed and made, to facilities, apparatus, and equipment; reports any recognized violations of fire codes and ordinances by citizens of the City.
5. Makes company fire surveys: identifies common, special, structural, and panic hazards; inspects building construction for fire control characteristics; inspects refrigeration, ventilation, and heating systems; inspects storage, handling, and transportation of flammable liquids and gases and other hazardous materials; inspects and test hydrants and/or other water sources.
6. Performs miscellaneous administrative duties: provides relief duty for Lieutenant; participates in fire Prevention programs; testifies in court.
7. The employee uses initiative in selecting appropriate guidelines and carrying out recurring assignments.
8. Regular and punctual attendance. Works overtime as assigned.
9. Interacts with team member.
10. Performs any other related duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE Mental alertness and adaptability to office and field area work routines. Equivalent to four years high school, with particular emphasis during high school in office skills, shop skills, or others, plus 0 to 6 months related experience or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Valid Arkansas Drivers License or a valid driver?s license recognized by the State of Arkansas. Must obtain within two (2) years of hire date, to remain eligible for employment, the following certifications and license: Arkansas Firefighter I & II or equivalent, Arkansas EMT-B Certification, HAZMAT Operations Certification, National Fire Academy Emergency Vehicle Driving, National Fire Academy Driver Operator Certification, National Fire Academy Rapid Intervention Team (RIT) Certification and National Weather Storm Spotters Class. SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED Basic: 10-Key, Accounting, Alphanumeric Data Entry, Contact Management, Database, Other, Presentation/PowerPoint, Programming Languages, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear, taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 100 pounds; continuously lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception; and ability to adjust focus.